Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hand-made stamps II

I've started my first class yesterday and since its going to be another hectic semester, I'm trying to juggle between being a good student (haha!), a teacher (will start teaching again early August), a forum addict and a scrapper - all at the same time. It's going to be tough! I'm still going to be online everyday, but I'm going to allocate my time for blogging only during midnight (coz that's the only time I'm going to be available).

Back to what I'm going to say. Oh. I'm seriously addicted to making stamps out of erasers haha. I'm just a beginner, so I'm still practicing. After all, the last time I carve things was during an Art class in primary school (when I have to carve & stamp using potatoes.) If you wanna see seriously artistic hand-made stamper, feel free to visit Mangosteen's blog. You'll be amazed of what she can do.

As promised , these are what the stamps look like on paper. I used black stamp pad (Artline hahaha) since I don't have any craft stamping pads (need to buy some later at craft shops). I've tried using water-colour marker pen (where you can add few drops of water to create a water-coloured effect), but the result is not as good as using proper stamp pad. And not that I did not try using my old eyeshadows...;p but that didn't work either.

Before I start mumbling again... enjoy the stamps!


Small house...



Big house (I thought it looks like a circus tent haha)



A muffin..with cherry on top


My first leaf


My second leaf (looks much better)


Heart shape 1


heart in a box haha


Another leaf


A fat butterfly


A gift box (need to do another one)


Tulips


Sunflower



Bird (need to do more!)



and last but not least... my very own Miyyah@Kertas stamp (so now I can just stamp for my card signature!)

They are not perfect, will never be anyway. But as people always say, the imperfection is what make things beautiful. (even if it only lies in the eyes of the beholder muaahhaha)

Haven't had the chance to test these out on cards or any other art projects, but will try InsyaAllah when time permits.

(I have about 10 erasers left - beli borong kat mydin muahahahha)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails