Thursday, July 17, 2008

The First Day

First on the update for the 3rd Challenge. I happened to be in a very creative mode today and managed to finished about 80% of the 3rd Lovescrap Challenge. Few last things left to do are to print out the heads of my poppets (I scan the poppets first, then use digital pic to match the poppets), paste the heads to their respective bodies (haha I sound like a serial killer or something) and paste the complete poppets onto the layout. I don't plan to do another layout as one is enough for me. And all I have to say is that I LOVE the outcome so much hehe. Lets just say that for this layout, I scrap about something really close to my heart. Will post here once its done (and posted on Lovescrap).

Ok. Onto my next point. I don't have enough time to do new cards lately, so for today, let's just share a card that I've done before. This is actually a very special card as it remains the first poetic card I ever did (long before I start using Shakespeare's words onto my cards). I love this poem by Christina Rossetti so I thought it would be good for a card (I didn't even learn about layout yet!) so enjoy the card. And the poem.


The cover

The Inside

I wish I could remember the first day,
First hour, first moment of your meeting me;
If bright or dim the season, it might be
Summer or winter for aught I can say.
So unrecorded did it slip away,
So blind was I to see and to foresee,
So dull to mark the budding of my tree
That would not blossom yet for many a May.
If only I could recollect it! Such
A day of days! I let it come and go
As traceless as a thaw of bygone snow.
It seemed to mean so little, meant so much!
If only now I could recall that touch,
First touch of hand in hand! - Did one but know! - Christina Rossetti (1834 -94)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails