Friday, March 16, 2012

Of Orchids

I'm no flower expert, and I always think that my flowers are the roughest paper flowers ever made (zoom up and you'll see every crooked detail there is).


Making this was a challenge on its own. I'm not into the conventional feminine colours for mothers/ women like pink, purple, peach, red etc, and I wanted to portray that subdued, poised card befitting a great mother. So I ended up with this.


It's a bit on the retro side, with a dash of graceful femininity. I love the quilled orchids the most, because it took a while (and a bit of research) to come up with the end design. I sure hope they look like vanilla orchids.


Have I told you that the best cards I think I've made are all for moms? :)

12 comments:

  1. Miyyah, the orchids look like they bloomed just this morning! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look very nice! Seeing orchids in quilling for the first time :)

    Cheers,
    Indira
    http://arty-sorts.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear miyyah, the flower look nice..i like it..your handmade is awesome dear..keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there awesome, very pretty card!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card, love the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Miyyah :)

    Heart Stealer 9

    http://heartstealerquilling.blogspot.in/2012/03/heart-stealer-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone. Really appreciate your comments. :) And thanks Pritesh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative and skillful. Your cards are really an inspiration. I had a question about the box/envelope. Did you make it ? Can you please share how you did it ? Is it good enough to post the delicate card ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, fabulous ! Beautiful card ♡

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails